Well it's been awhile, hasn't it? It's hard to get back into the swing of blogging once you stop, I've found. The computer can take up a vast amount of time, but so can life.
The lovely Ascender Rises Above gave me an award. The award is the "Arte y pico" award. Look, it comes with this real live award I get to put on my page here!...
I feel especially honored because I haven't been around for so long, and it means a lot to me that someone took the time to come back here and even remember me. Of course, she is one of my facebook friends, which I seem to have gravitated to lately, so perhaps that is why she thought of me. :) Regardless, the fact that she has paid attention to my paintings and thought to include me in this round of award giving...means the world to me.
There's rules though... ;)
I must now give the award to five other artsy bloggers....and other stuff. And since I'm a little rusty on the "how to's" of blogging I'll just copy what she wrote here first:
1) Award five blogs that contribute to the blogging community through creativity, design, and interesting material, regardless of language.
2) Name each of the five blog authors and provide a link to his or her blog.
3) Award recipients must show the Arte y Pico Award image and the name of the award-giving blog author, as well as the award-giving blog author’s blog link.
4) Award recipients must provide a link to the Arte y Pico blog.
5) Award recipients must show these rules.
1) I will pick bluetreeart first... because I always thought it was so nifty that she inspires so many artist's through her "other" blog about being creative every day. Next I will go with "failed painter" though a failed painter she is not! Third you must check out djkreutzer and her beautiful view of life. Number four: Aprovechar If I remember correctly she has a few blogs....must browse around. ;) and last but not least... creatrix jane! :)
Sheesh, I can think of five more now that I'm looking around again. Perhaps I will have to do a part two. I think I've followed all the rules now. I think. I'll have to double check my work later...