Tuesday, March 25, 2008

"Look Sharply After Your Thoughts..."

My very first journal I ever had, which I still have sitting on a shelf out in my studio (I love saying that! Even if I am hardly out there since I'm in here with my four year old)...my first journal has this Ralph Waldo Emerson quote in it that is about a paragraph long. I'm not much good at quoting stuff...but the first line always sticks with me.

"Look sharply after your thoughts..."

I thought I'd post it here with the internet being what it is, but damned if I can find it anywhere out here. It reminds me of my husband reminding me to go past the first page on a google search. And well, I did that... ;) Anyway...all I can find is the first sentence as a quote.

"Look sharply after your thoughts, They come unlooked for, like a new bird seen in your trees, and, if you turn to your usual task, disappear."


But there's so much more to this than that. Well, to me at least. But I will have to go out to the studio to get the book, apparently. And I can't do that in this very moment.

:)


No comments: